Thursday, November 16, 2017
Happy Thursday, Swirly Savages! It's my turn to share some of the projects that I've made with the September 2017 "Autumn Bloom" Kit and Add-Ons.

This kit, featuring the Cottage Life collection from 49 & Market is so versatile - perfect for all of your elegant and vintage images, but the rustic feel makes it perfect for all of your "boy" photos, too. And there is  the highlight of the Main Kit: an original sketch created by Swirlydoos Design Team Coordinator Kim Heard.
Here is this month's sketch.

And my layout, featuring this sweet, sweet photo of my Granddaughter, taken by my Daughter-In-Law last summer.


I started by coating both sides of the paper with clear gesso to cut down on the "warpage"; when that was dry, I used a stencil and crackle paste to create bricks. These were heat dried until they bubbled to give them some texture, then colored with Distress Oxide ink. Meanwhile, I die cut several doilies from the gorgeous cardstock that came in the Add-On. And now it was time to assemble my page with matting created from several of the pretty patterns on the "B" sides of the paper and a lot of packaging between the layers to give it all some dimension. I added a frame from one of the flower packages after giving it a coat of gesso. My flower clusters from the Main Kit and the Flower Add-On, along with one of the pretty clips from the Embellishment Add-On. A bit of a cut-out, lace from the flower package and a sprinkling of gems and I was almost finished. The last step: the title cut from those awesome vellum sheets that Krissy packed in the kit!
Here are a few closeups...


Why not visit the Swirlydoos forums to see how YOU can enter our Sketch Challenge? http://www.swirlydoos.com/forums/topic/september-autumn-bloom-sketch-challenge/
Supplies

*Swirlydoos September 2017 "Autumn Bloom" Kit*
49 and Market - Cottage Life Collection - 12 x 12 Double Sided Paper - Provence
49 and Market - Cottage Life Collection - 12 x 12 Double Sided Paper - Bicycle Ally
49 and Market - Cottage Life Collection - 12 x 12 Double Sided Paper - Cottage Cut Outs
49 and Market- Handmade Flowers - Cottage Blooms - Cotton #CB-86097
Core'dinations - Quotes & Titles - 3.37" x 3.37" Vellum Sheets - Inspirational

*Swirlydoos September 2017 Cardstock Add-On*
Darice - Core'dinations - 12 x 12 Vintage Cardstock - Bloom
Darice - Core'dinations - 12 x 12 Vintage Cardstock - Serene

*Swirlydoos September 2017 Flower Add-On*
49 and Market- Handmade Flowers - Cottage Blooms - Bluebell #CB-86110

*Swirlydoos September 2017 Embellishment Add-On*
Darice - Self-Stick Gems - Glitter Royal Blue - 40 Pcs #1216-914
Prima - My Prima Planner Collection - Clips - Sweet Toffee #593773

*Swirlydoos September 2017 Mediums Add-On*
Ranger Ink - Tim Holtz - Distress Oxide Ink Pad - Faded Jeans

*Swirlydoos July 2017 Flower Add-On*
49 and Market - Floral Mixology Collection - Paper Flowers - Assorted Sizes - Ocean Breeze #FM-85762

*Swirlydoos August 2017 Project Add-On*
49 and Market - Floral Mixology - Champagne #FM-85694

 Other Supplies
Ranger Ink - Tim Holtz - Distress Ink Pad - Vintage Photo
Cheery Lynn Dies - English Tea Party #DL101
Cheery Lynn Dies - French Pastry #DL102
Prima - Stencil - Fence 2 #550011
Gesso
Clear Gesso
Crackle Paste

********************
I mentioned that this kit was perfect for "boy" pages, and here's proof: my twin Grandsons' school photo and a design that captures their personalities.

I started by tearing some of my papers, along with a piece of deeply ribbed packaging. After adhering the first sheet, I created a border by stamping a few barbed wire stamps. Next, I attached the packaging and another torn piece that I stamped to create a bit more interest. I used the same paper to create a photo mat from the corner and added a bit of burlap on the bottom. I kept the actual embellishments simple: a bit of the chippie that came in the Embellishment Add-On, some pine cones from my stash, and a cart and a few lady bugs that were fussy cut from the pattern paper.
And a couple of close-ups...


Supplies

*Swirlydoos September 2017 "Autumn Bloom" Kit*
49 and Market - Cottage Life Collection - 12 x 12 Double Sided Paper - Cottage Cut Outs
49 and Market - Cottage Life Collection - 12 x 12 Double Sided Paper - Fresh Delivery
49 and Market - Cottage Life Collection - 12 x 12 Double Sided Paper - Garden Seeds
49 and Market - Cottage Life Collection - 12 x 12 Double Sided Paper - Rooster Row

*Swirlydoos September 2017 "Autumn Bloom" Embellishment Add-On*
SA Crafters - Laser Cut Chipboard - C-Vive Circles

*Swirlydoos September 2017 "Autumn Bloom" Mediums Add-On*
Ranger Ink - Tim Holtz - Distress Oxide Ink Pad - Abandoned Coral
 
Other Supplies
The Scrapbook Diaries - Gabrielle Pollacco - Gabi's Textures
The Scrapbook Diaries - Gabrielle Pollacco - Gabi's Crackle
Ranger - Archival Ink - Jet Black
Burlap
Pine Cones
Packaging

********************
My two older sons took a road trip to Buffalo, NY a few weeks ago and stopped in LeRoy (look it up!) to visit with my sister and her family. My oldest managed to get this incredible shot near the Oatka Creek, featuring a refurbished Statue of Liberty/

I deliberately put aside a sheet of the Rooster Row paper for this page, knowing that the color and the pattern would make a good background. After coating both sides with clear gesso, I used Scor Tape to adhere it to some USPS packaging (I'll explain "why" later) and applied a thin coat of crackle paste through a favorite stencil and allowed it to dry naturally. Meanwhile, I took some scraps and a lot of fussy-cut images (this collection is a fussy cutter's paradise!) and played around until I was satisfied. I stapled the layers together, then adhered it to the page. I attached my photo, then added a few more bits and pieces, including the tag that holds the hand-written title. My flower cluster is made with one of the packages from the Flower Add-On, along with some blooms from the July and August kits. I finished my layout by hammering a few of the nail heads from the kit (and that's why I used the USPS packaging).



Supplies

*Swirlydoos September 2017 "Autumn Bloom" Kit*
49 and Market - Cottage Life Collection - 12 x 12 Double Sided Paper - Enjoy the Sweet Life
49 and Market - Cottage Life Collection - 12 x 12 Double Sided Paper - Garland
49 and Market - Cottage Life Collection - 12 x 12 Double Sided Paper - Rooster Row
49 and Market - Cottage Life Collection - 12 x 4 Double Sided Paper - Bonus Cut Outs
Darice - Jewelry Designer Collection - Round Nailheads - Nickel - 40 Pcs #1892-39
Swirlydoos - Jute - 2-ply - 2 Yd

*Swirlydoos September 2017 Flower Add-On*
49 and Market- Handmade Flowers - Blossom Blends - Poppy #BB-86172

*Swirlydoos July 2017 Flower Add-On*
49 and Market - Floral Mixology Collection - Paper Flowers - Assorted Sizes - Ocean Breeze #FM-85762

*Swirlydoos August 2017 Project Add-On*
49 and Market - Floral Mixology - Champagne #FM-85694

Other Supplies
Prima - Royal Menagerie Collection - 6 x 6 Stencil - Decor 1 #582975
Prima - Art Extravagance - Texture Paste - White Crackle #961503
Clear Gesso

********************
This layout was created as my example for the November All That Flutters Challenge that I'm hosting for Swirlydoos. (Details here http://www.swirlydoos.com/forums/topic/november-2017-all-that-flutters-challenge-all-about-family/) As the theme says, it's all about family; the lady second to the left is my Great-Grandmother McCormick, the bewhiskered gentleman in the center is my Great-Grandfather McCormick and the smiling lady holding the baby is my Grandma Darby with my Uncle Jack back in 1917.
<image>

I dug out a stamp from a long-ago Swirlydoos kit to create a border and a birdcage dangling from a cluster of flowers. The matting was kept simple with a died cut from one of the papers. Next, I framed the photo with one of the pieces of the Dusty Attic shapes from the Embellishment Add-On. There's actually a lot going on with the cluster: blooms from the Main Kit and Flower Add-On, resin feathers and a lot of fussy cut images (I think I already mentioned that this collection is a fussy cutter's dream). I finished by adding a Dusty Attic butterfly (altered with Distress Oxide ink) and, from the same package, my title.



Supplies

*Swirlydoos September 2017 "Autumn Bloom" Kit*
49 and Market - Cottage Life Collection - 12 x 12 Double Sided Paper - Garland
49 and Market - Cottage Life Collection - 12 x 12 Double Sided Paper - Bicycle Ally
49 and Market - Cottage Life Collection - 12 x 12 Double Sided Paper - Cottage Cut Outs
49 and Market- Handmade Flowers - Cottage Blooms - Cotton #CB-86097
Prima - Resin Collection - Resin Embellishments - Feather #573355

*Swirlydoos September 2017 Flower Add-On*
49 and Market- Handmade Flowers - Seaside Blooms - Natural Blush #SB86059

*Swirlydoos September 2017 Embellishment Add-On*
Dusty Attic - 49 and Market - Laser Cut Shapes - Archival Board - Happy Moments - White

*Swirlydoos September 2017 Mediums Add-On*
Ranger Ink - Tim Holtz - Distress Oxide Ink Pad - Faded Jeans

*Swirlydoos August 2017 Project Add-On*
49 and Market - Floral Mixology - Champagne #FM-85694

*Swirlydoos July 2011 Embellishment Add-On*
Pink Paislee - Butterfly Garden Collection - Clear Acrylic Stamps - Impressions #00445

Other Supplies
Spellbinders - Nestabilities - Card Creators - Elegant Labels 4 #S6005

********************
Check out this month's Project Kit - a Stickles Storage Carousel from SA Crafters that will hold 48 individual bottles of Stickles, Liquid Pearls and similar sized items! (I'm also using it for Alcohol Inks, as you can see.)

I've made mine Shabby Chic, covering it with gesso, then painting it with the Martha Stewart Glitter Paint that came in the kit. I've added some lace to the sides, then flowers from my stash, all topped with a ginormous metal butterfly.

Supplies
 
*Swirlydoos September 2017 Stickles Bottle Holder Project Kit*
SA Crafters - MDF Wood - Stickles Carousel Storage
Ranger Ink - Liquid Pearls - Dimensional Paint - Rose Gold
Ranger Ink - Stickles Glitter Glue - Sprinkled Sugar
Martha Stewart Crafts - Multi-Surface Glitter Acrylic Paint - Sugar Cube #32185

Other Supplies
Gesso
Lace Trim
Flowers
Metal Butterfly
Paint Brush
Matte Medium
Aleene's Tacky Glue


********************
If you’re ready to start getting perfectly coordinated, top of the line scrapbook kits delivered to your door, please visit us at www.swirlydoos.com. Mention my name (Peggy) when you subscribe and you’ll receive 10% off your first kit, AND a coupon good for 30% off your entire purchase in the Swirlydoos.com store!


0 comments:

Facebook

Facebook
Be sure to "LIKE & FOLLOW" Swirlydoos for special FB only deals and promos

Pin Us!!

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Scrapbook Sketches

Scrapbook Sketches
see all of our sketches here

Grab the Blinkie!

Photobucket

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Followers

Live Ustream


Live Feed