Friday, November 27, 2015
I have loved working with the Scarlet Elegance kit! The colors are amazing! I've made a couple more projects with it, and I'm sharing them today.

"Eleven" Layout

I love the slight blue accents of the kit, and I wanted to use that with the gorgeous pinks and black highlights.



I started with my large layers with border punching the black paper, then adding some wet distressing on the edges of the Prima paper, and then using grey distress ink along the edges. I also used a large script stamp to poke out from the design layers.

I used a couple of doilies from my stash, and centered them with some of the pink brick wall paper, and again added some grey distress ink to tone the pink and the white. The pink wood paper strips have the same treatment. 



From there, I started tucking in the Kaisercraft collectibles from the embellishment add on, picking the ones with the pretty blue floral accents. I colored the wood fern from the embellishment add on with different chalk inks to match the leaves on the paper. 



I used a chipboard corner flourish from my stash that I inked black, added some pink flowers, and finally cut up the pink bling strip for some small accents. 


"Love" Mini Album (Cover)



So, I'm not finished with the inside yet, but the cover is done!

I started by placing that "Love" sticker on the cover. Then, I added some ivy stenciling with the white crackle paste from the mediums add on. Once dry, I painted it with some green mist. I did this on my other projects too- it's just the perfect accent! And, those antique red Petaloo dogwood flowers from the flower add on are so beautiful, I had to add them too. :) I used some green pearls from a past kit also. 





This part of the design is stuff from my stash, but it went so well with the design I had in mind, that I just had to use it! I inked the doily with grey chalk ink. The dressform is a wooden flourish from Kaisercraft that I inked with black archival ink in a distressed fashion. Then I finished it off using some scraps- a small piece of lace, and a pearl strip remnant. 

I added the black lace form the main kit, and layered it with some cord fro the project add on, and completed the look by stamping the edges with a chicken wire stamp. 


I'm looking forward to finishing this album up soon. 

Thanks for taking a look at my projects today!

This is a Design Team project I created for Swirlydoos Scrapbook Kit Club. If you’re ready to start getting perfectly coordinated, top of the line scrapbook kits delivered to your door, please visit us at www.swirlydoos.com. Mention my name (Rae) when you subscribe and you’ll receive 10% off your first kit, AND a coupon good for 30% off your entire purchase in the Swirlydoos.com store!








1 comments:

talkis23 said...

amazing second reveal

Facebook

Facebook
Be sure to "LIKE & FOLLOW" Swirlydoos for special FB only deals and promos

Pin Us!!

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Scrapbook Sketches

Scrapbook Sketches
see all of our sketches here

Grab the Blinkie!

Photobucket

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Followers

Live Ustream


Live Feed