Wednesday, April 29, 2015
It has certainly been an exciting April at Swirlydoos!  Our forum was hacked last week but is up and running now.  It's new and improved and hopefully hack proof!  The dock strike and shipping delays caused our April kit to be oh so late and we are so sorry for that, but finally here it is, check it out!

 After opening my kit and ooohing and aaahing at all the kit contents, I started  with the sketch.  We have a sketch challenge every month so I hope you'll join in.



I cut some dark brown cardboard strips from my stash to embellish the vertical strips cut from the kit papers.  The green border is cut from the kit papers and I used a border punch on it.  I used some diecut leaves to complete the floral cluster.


The chipboard title and vine underneath my flowers are Creative Embellishments from my stash. I used mist from the mediums addon to color the vine. The pretty pale peach flower is from the main kit, the large one is Petaloo from my stash. The hydrangeas are from a prior kit.



 I thought this paper was so pretty and I chose a vintage bride to go with it.  I used a Kaisercraft doily punch to punch 2 doilies from cardstock.  Then I cut a larger circle from some kit paper and used a Martha Stewart corner punch to punch around the circle to create a trio of circles.  I added a bit of masking and a lace strip from my stash. (Thank you Kathi!)  The lace flower is an oldie from a past kit I believe, all the other flowers are from the kit.  The bead studs are also from a prior kit.


I gave the white flowers that came in the flower add on a quick spritz with mists from the mediums add on.  Underneath the floral cluster I have a Creative Embellishments chipboard piece from my stash that I have finished with Stampendous aged ivory embossing powder.

  I finished off my layout with Angelica's beautiful butterflies from the main kit.

Next up is a layout featuring my husband's parents with their travel trailer.  I just love this photo! I did a little masking with a stencil and paste from my stash.  I used cardstock to border the papers and make them stand out.  I took a Kaisercraft doily sticker and placed it over the kraft doily and placed behind the photo.  Both doilies came in the main  kit.


The two chipboard pieces I've used are Creative Embellishments from my stash and I've used Lindy's embossing enamel on both of them in Midnight Gold. Yum what a lucious color!

All the flowers I used are from the flower add on except that one lone carnation which is from my stash.




I had a lot of fun with this last layout.  First I created a tag and then I created the layout around the tag.  The tag itself is made with papers and flowers from the kit and addons.  The gold lace and ribbon is from my stash.   The white seam binding ribbon is from the main kit. The little journal card on the tag is from my stash.  I used a couple of Spellbinders dies to cut layers from the tag.  One thing that came in the main kit that I really loved was the wire trellis and you can just see that peeking out of the floral cluster on the tag.


The kit contained a great brown metal fence that I painted white for this layout.  I used the Petaloo flowers from the flower add on and misted them with Lindy's Cape Cod Coral.  All of the flowers on this layout are from the kit and flower add on.



Thanks so much for taking a peek at the Swirlydoos kit and my layouts!  I appreciate it so much.


0 comments:

Facebook

Facebook
Be sure to "LIKE & FOLLOW" Swirlydoos for special FB only deals and promos

Pin Us!!

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Scrapbook Sketches

Scrapbook Sketches
see all of our sketches here

Grab the Blinkie!

Photobucket

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Followers

Live Ustream


Live Feed