Friday, June 20, 2014
Hey Savages, Kim here today to share some more of my projects with this amazing kit. First up is another layout featuring my Goddaughter on Graduation day. It was so nice of her to wear a dress to compliment my kit (I swear this wasn't planned, but what a happy coincidence).
 I used the main kit, the flower add on, mixed media and the embellishment add on to create this layout. I also added some molding pasted, a stencil, stamps and inks from my stash. This layout, like all the other from this kit came together quickly.

Next up is, yep you guessed it, another graduation layout. These are all going into an album as a gift.

Again, I used items from the main kit as well as all the add ons. I added a few extra mists from my stash, with a piece of lace and a few small strips of washi tape.
 I took a break from the layouts and worked on my Prima frame from the project/tech kit. Want to talk about fun, quick and easy. This frame was a dream to work with. Once I knew what photo I was going to use, it was easy peasy.

I used a photo of my husband and I. We just came back from a dream vacation in Europe. We have this picture of us in front of the Eiffel tower that was perfect for this project (not to mention, what I was wearing was a perfect color match. Again not planned, but hey whatever works right?)

I used a postage stamp and stamped around the outside of frame. I wanted it to have a well traveled look. I added a few postage stamps as well. For the inside I used the sheet of patterned paper that came in the kit. I added half a doily, my photo, heat embossed the frame, added some flowers and lace. Done! Told ya that was easy.
 I have done so may girly layouts with this kit, I decided to do something more masculine for my last layout. There is a sheet of woodgrain paper in the kit, I used that to create a mixed media layout.

I took all those barcode strips that I cut off of the papers in the kit, random rip them and glued them to the paper in no particular fashion. Once glued down, I covered them in gesso, then I misted til I was happy with the outcome. Then came some random stamping and masking. I used 2 different mask, one with molding paste and one with art anthology stone effects. My chippie was painted with silks glaze, the randomly stamped and heated embossed. I had lots of fun getting giggy with this layout.

Oh, and this cute little guy (who is no longer this little) is my nephew.
 Finally, using some of my scraps, I created a card. I'm not that best at creating cards, so this is quite simple. I took a piece of leftover paper, distressed and inked it. Then I misted a piece of left over doily, glued that to the paper, added some flowers, ribbon, a metal birdie and a wood banner for a future sentiment and called it done.
Wow, that was a long post. I just had lots to share. Once you start creating with these wonderful kits its hard to stop. I hope you have enjoyed everything that I have shared with you today.

Thanks for stopping by, don't forget to check out the forums, gallery and boutique.
Kim

3 comments:

L. Akins said...

Beautiful projects!!!! The frame is gorgeous!!

Peggy Giovanetti said...

What gorgeous, gorgeous projects, Kim!!!!
(And I LOVEEEEEE that photo of your nephew!!!!!!)

Rhonda Van Ginkel said...

Beautiful projects - I love them all!!!

Facebook

Facebook
Be sure to "LIKE & FOLLOW" Swirlydoos for special FB only deals and promos

Pin Us!!

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Scrapbook Sketches

Scrapbook Sketches
see all of our sketches here

Grab the Blinkie!

Photobucket

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Followers

Live Ustream


Live Feed