Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Hi all!! I'd thought a do a quick tutorial on how I make my distress scallop edges. There are plenty of other tutorials out there, this is how I do it!! It's really easy and leaves such an awesome look to your pages.


I use the Bazzill Scallop Cardstock as my template.


Place the template on the back of your pattern paper and trace.


Following your trace marks, cut out.


Ink the edges. I use Chalk Eye Chestnut Roan.


I usually use my Zutter to distress large edges. But since this is a tight area I use a little scraper. Just run it along the edges. You can also use scissors.


Turn your pattern paper over and ink.I always ink the back of my pattern paper when I know I may be folding over.


Mist the edges with water, Glimmer Mist or whatever kind of mist you have.


Now, just fold or pinch the edges. Heat for faster drying time.


This is what it looks like done.


When applying to your background paper make sure the scallop paper is dry. Otherwise it may warp.

5 comments:

An Zeelmaekers said...

thanks for the tip! its a beautiful lo!

Peggy said...

Ang, I just caught this on your blog, thanks for posting here: awesome technique!!!!!

Tina said...

AWESOME Ang!! LUV that page with the Prima spotlight kit!!! TFS:)

Do What You Love said...

Beautiful tute - love the ink and paper distressing; both LOs are gorgeous!

Lisa aka Raining said...

Great technique Ang!!!! Love it!

Facebook

Facebook
Be sure to "LIKE & FOLLOW" Swirlydoos for special FB only deals and promos

Pin Us!!

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Scrapbook Sketches

Scrapbook Sketches
see all of our sketches here

Grab the Blinkie!

Photobucket

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Followers

Live Ustream


Live Feed